This document has the Biotex Pricing Disclaimer and the Biotex Informed Consent. Please read through the entire document before agrreeing to this.
We do everything we can to ensure that the prices on our and other companies websites and social media platforms are correct, and we try to keep our prices constant. Sometimes we need to change the cost of a product, either up or down.
Prices may be changed at any time without further notice. We reserve the right to change our product’s prices at any time without further notice
Prices listed in any other websites or social media platforms may not be accepted. Our tests may be posted through a number of different online channels and we cannot always control when they are updated. We reserve the right not to accept a price listed on a site other than our own.
Biotex Informed Consent
BIOTEX WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY SERVICES FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES OR URGENT SITUATIONS. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IF YOUR SYMPTOMS GET WORSE OR YOU EXPERIENCE ANY NEW SYMPTOMS.
BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT,” YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, ACCEPTED, AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THIS INFORMED CONSENT. IF YOU DO NOT CLICK “I ACCEPT”, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE OR RECEIVE THE SERVICES.
I agree to receive the services provided by Biotex Axis of California, LLC, relating to licensed healthcare provider oversight of diagnostic testing for COVID-19 (“Tests”), including, without limitation, evaluation of the test request, ordering of Tests (if appropriate), receipt of Test results (“Results”), consultations via telemedicine with healthcare providers (“Consults”), customer support and any other related services provided by BIOTEX or its service providers and partners (the “Biotex Services”). All clinical services, including services provided by healthcare providers, will be provided through BIOTEX contractually affiliated professional entities.
I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I am the individual who will provide the sample for the Test(s) that I am requesting.
- I am at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- I have read and understand the information provided about the Test(s) that I have been provided on the website where I requested the Test. Additional information is also available at the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- The information I have provided in connection with the Biotex Services is correct to the best of my knowledge. I will not hold Biotex or its health care providers responsible for any errors or omissions that I may have made in providing such information.
- My health information and results may be shared with other Biotex health care providers, including physicians, and counselors for purposes of providing care to me.
- The Biotex Services do not constitute treatment of any condition, disease or illness.
- While Biotex and the laboratories implement safeguards to avoid errors, as with all laboratory tests, there is a chance of a false positive or false negative result.
- I agree to contact BIOTEX as set forth below if I do not receive results within seven (7) days after I provided my sample.
- I am responsible for checking my email for results notification.
- If I receive an abnormal result on a Test, I understand that a Biotex care coordinator will attempt to call me to review the results, offer education and explain the next steps I should take. The Biotex care coordinator may leave me a voicemail but will not include my test results in any voicemail message. If I receive an abnormal result and have not connected with a Biotex care coordinator, I understand that I should not delay following up with my personal physician.
- I understand that after receiving my Results, I will have the opportunity for a telemedicine Consult with a Biotex licensed healthcare provider to answer any questions I may have.
- I certify that throughout the duration of the Biotex Services I receive, including my Consult, I will be physically present in the state of residence I provided or other state of which I have notified Biotex.
- I am responsible for forwarding any results to my primary care or other personal physician and for initiating follow up with such physician for care, diagnosis or medical treatment.
- I will not make medical decisions without consulting a healthcare provider or disregard medical advice from my healthcare provider or delay seeking such advice based on information as a result of the use of the Biotex Services.
- If I receive an abnormal result, my name and result may be disclosed to my state health agency in accordance with applicable law.
- I understand that Biotex Services, including Consults, are delivered by health care providers who are not in the same physical location as I am using electronic communications, information technology or other means, including the electronic transmission of personal health information.
I also understand that:
- For Consults, the scope of services will be at the sole discretion of the healthcare provider conducting the Consult, with no treatment or prescription. The healthcare provider will determine whether or not the Biotex Services being rendered are appropriate for a telehealth encounter.
- I have the right to withdraw my consent to the use of telehealth in the course of my care at any time by emailing the Biotex’s Care Coordination Team at Biotex@MyBiotex.com.
- Any video feed from the Consult will not be retained or recorded by Biotex.
- I may need to see a health care provider in-person for diagnosis, treatment and care.
- There are potential risks associated with the use of technology, including disruptions, loss of data and technical difficulties.
- There are alternative services, such as visiting a primary care provider, an emergency room, or an urgent care facility; however, I chose to proceed with the Biotex Services at this time.I understand that if I have any questions before or after my Test, I can email
Biotex@MyBiotex.com and I will be connected or directed to a member of the Biotex Care Coordination Team, including a licensed healthcare provider, if requested or as otherwise applicable.
I authorize Biotex to use the email address and phone number I provided at the time I requested the Test (or that I updated by contacting BIOTEX at the email below) to contact me in connection with the Biotex Services, including follow-up after a Consult. I am responsible for contacting BIOTEX at the email address below to notify them of any changes to my mailing address, email address, phone number or other information that I provided in connection with the Biotex Services.
I understand that testing is voluntary and that I may withdraw my consent to testing at any time prior to the completion of the Test(s) by contacting Biotex’s Care Coordination Team by emailing Biotex@MyBiotex.com.
I specifically authorize the transfer and release of my information as described herein and in the Biotex Notice of Privacy Practices, including my medical history that I provided, my Test Results and other identifiable health information, submitted by me or about me in connection with the Biotex Services, to, between and among myself and the following individuals, organizations and their representatives: (a) the company from whom I requested the Test and its affiliates, their staff and agents; (b) Biotex and its affiliates, and their staff, agents, and health care providers, including physicians, and (c) the laboratory conducting the laboratory testing services, to facilitate and execute the Biotex Services requested by me or performed with my consent and as required or permitted by law.
I understand that I have a right to receive a copy of the above data disclosure authorization. I have the right to refuse to agree to this authorization in which case my refusal may affect the Biotex Services provided to me. When my information is used or disclosed pursuant to this authorization, it may be subject to re-disclosure by the recipient and may no longer be protected by privacy laws. I have the right to revoke this authorization in writing at any time, except that the revocation will not apply to any information already disclosed by the parties referenced in this authorization. This authorization will expire ten (10) years from the date of signature. My written revocation must be submitted to Biotex’s General Counsel at:
Biotex Axis of California, LLC
Attn: General Counsel
77 Rolling Oaks Drive, Suite 106
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Last updated: May 11, 2020